Friday, March 23, 2012

Presents! Woo hoo!!

So, for those of you out there saying that you need some technology in the classroom to make the flip work, I have an idea for you! Visit www.donorschoose.org and submit a proposal. I submitted a proposal on March 8 on the advice from a person at our district office because a local bank was going to fund some projects that were submitted to the website in our area. It took me some time to get it all worded just so and submitted, but it was worth it! Here is the link to the project that I submitted: http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/proposal.html?id=766961.  I just found out today that my project was fully funded, and there are 2 Samsung Galaxy Android Tablets on their way to my classroom! I couldn't think of a better way to start Spring Break!

I actually received a big donation from an anonymous donor, so I am unsure if it came from the bank or not. I know not every project gets funded, but in these times, what do you have to lose?

3 comments:

  1. Ok, just read through all your posts and now I am all excited to learn more about this whole flipped class thing! In one post you mentioned the 5Cs - what are those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently studying for a unit of an MA in technologies in education. My current interest is in the flipped classroom phenomena which seems to be sweeping the USA, and as an MFL practitioner I was particularly interested to see your blog and the excellent reflections that you post on the practical side of introducing it to your students. Indeed many of your observations reflect the usual MFL issues such as how do we get kids to memorise their speech rather than (badly) read it off a script?
    I am based in the UK, so not much chance of coming to a seminar.
    Keep going and learning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback. I started the blog to keep my own journal of events and have been pleasantly surprised by the feedback I have gotten.

      I know that flipping the classroom is slowly going global, so it is great to hear from the UK. The conference in June will be available via webinar, so maybe you can attend that way.

      I am always available for comments and questions, just email me. At hwitten@ehscardinals.com!

      Delete